Healthy Snack Recipes
Weight Loss Recipes to Keep Hunger Away
Healthy snack recipes are mandatory to staying on any nutrition program. Hunger is an unfortunate, but necessary, part of any weight loss endeavor. Sorry to burst your bubble, if you were thinking you could achieve an awesome body without suffering a bit.
When your body is burning away fat, you are basically cannibalizing yourself. Can you say, "Ouch?!" All those pleasurable moments you've spent horking down cookies and pizza... Did you think you wouldn't have to pay for that?
Come on, now. You know better!
So, hunger is part of the package. But, that doesn't mean we need to be masochistic about it. There are a few tricks you can do to tame the pain.
1. Eat Frequently. Meals and healthy snacks spaced 2-3 hours a part helps not only speed your metabolism, but it will keep something in you belly most of the time.
2. Balance Each Meal. Now, you don't need to be very particular about macronutrient ratios necessarily, but if you eat a little food from at least two of these groups during a meal or snack, it will help satiate you. For example, combine fruit and oatmeal, or nuts and cottage cheese, not just a protein shake.
3. Guzzle Water. Never end a meal or snack without downing at least 16 ounces of water. It'll bloat your belly enough to leave you not wanting more food.
4. Nutrition Powerhouses. Fill up with healthy snack recipes containing nutrient dense foods, not garbage, even if your calorie plan will allow for it. You can have a cup of broccoli with a 1/3 cup of rice, plus an apple for around 200 calories. Or you could have slightly less than a 1/2 cup of ice cream. Which will fill you up more?
5. Fillers. Okay, most of the time fillers are bad for your body, but I'm talking natural fillers here. Fiber. Celery, wheat bran, mushrooms, etc. Bulk for little calories. Make it count!
Get a simple or as creative as you like when whipping up your own healthy snack recipes. I tend to just grab something easy, instead of concocting some elaborate dish. Time is, more times than not, higher on my priority list that fancy foods.
Here are some simple, weight loss recipes for your snacking pleasure. Just scroll down. Sign up for the newsletter to be informed when new recipes are posted.
Peanut Butter Protein Berries
1 scoop chocolate protein (or flavor of choice)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 Tb natural peanut butter
Mix all three ingredients around into a bowl. It will be a gloppy mess. Then pour just a small amount of water to make it a pudding consistency. Sweet and filling. (About 275 calories)
1 pkg unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup lemon juice
20-30 drops stevia
3 3/4 cups water, separated
Dissolve gelatin in 3/4 cup cold water and lemon juice. Add 3 cups of boiling water. Add stevia to taste. Refrigerate until solid. Scarf the whole bowl for only around 20 calories!
1 cup fage
1/2 cup frozen berries
Stevia, to taste
Mix and enjoy. (About 155 calories)
Crunchy Banana Wrap
1 tsp natural peanut butter
1 Tb. wheat germ
1 Humungous Romaine Leaf (optional)
Spread peanut butter on banana and sprinkle wheat germ on top. Wrap in leaf, if desired. Unique and filling. Love the crunchy wheat germ texture. (Around 165 calories)
Mustard Shredded Wheat
Okay, now don't freak out. Your probably wondering how this made it to any healthy snack recipe list. I know it sounds weird, but it's really good. Crunchy, tangy... Be openmined folks!
1/2 cup plain shredded wheat mini squares
Mix your mustard and hot sauce in a dish. Dip the mini squares in it, like crackers and dip. Then go tell people you've reached a new level of coolness because you eat your cereal with hot sauce! (Only around 80 calories)
Happy eats, peeps! Stay strong, stay lean.